Saturday 30 June 2012

The Discovery Group Pte Ltd getting a bad name

Subsequent to CASE advisory on The Discovery Group Pte Ltd being published on CASE's website, this piece of news have been announced by the media and relevant bodies to warn the public about their unscrupulous tactics.


The following links I picked up warning about The Discovery Group are as follows:
Singapore Law Watch

Straits Times
Today Online
Mediacorp

I noticed yet another cunning tactic about The Cours Montreux International group of companies. Try Googling: The Discovery Group, you will find a list of overseas incorporated companies bearing the same name. I believe it IS NOT co-incidental but yet another of their diversion (or misleading) tactic to bait the old, new and potential victims. Definitely for a purpose to their advantage.


For Mr Jerry Tan Kim Huat to be connected to WHOEVER, I'd be more cautious. There's a lot more I know, but I shall just select one 'safe' piece of information to share with the public: BT: Beware “Gold Buy Back” companies


To all victims, avoid all of The Discovery Group people if they start contacting you. Ask them all to go to hell. DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING AND PAY THEM 'EXTRAS'. You owe them nothing and should not bear the burden of their so-called 're-structuring' exercise that is out to scam you. It is all BULLSHIT with EMPTY promises. While you may be bound by The Discovery VIII and iDiscover agreements (or the rest of their scam companies' agreements), ignoring their lawyers too cannot harm you. It is very obvious these bunch of unprincipled with no conscience scums have found loopholes in the Consumer Fair Trading Act and amended victims' agreements as such to their advantage. Enforcement bodies will just say 'you are bound by the agreement'. I think that you can choose to ignore your next 50% payment  to them (or whatever else they threaten to extort more from you) in view of all the negative publicity they have been generating. Stop your credit/ debit card installments to them once your first 50% is fully paid up to the bank/ debit card company.


If they threaten you to go to court, I believe every victim is on a 'winning end'.  I  have been shown evidences that is strongly confirming that they are already fraudulent. Get a good lawyer and they will chicken out to open their accounts to show the courts.


For all those victims of The Discovery Group, Cours Montreux International, Discovery VIII International, iDiscover International and Crown Holiday Exchange Pte Ltd who have not lodged their report with CASE, please do so soonest possible at your most convenient time. I encourage more people to report to CASE so that CASE will have enough cases to issue them warnings and eventually to take action against them.


I understand that some victims were 'blackmailed' by The Discovery Group people by way of asking victims to 'withdraw' their complaints with CASE if they want to get their refund. Do not be cheated. Report any 'threats' immediately to CASE. I heard that they more often made false promises than actually fulfill promises to victims.


As for people who are currently unemployed and interested for a job, I hope you have done enough homework on The Discovery Group if you were initially interested in applying. PLEASE, do not be desperate and work for such companies.  Look some place else if you have more conscience. Analyse carefully; a good company will have plenty of good comments, a proper website with full background information and a good track record with the public.



19 comments:

  1. I just received a call from this lady claiming she is from a company named Delta. She said they received a lot of complaints for Discovery and asked if I wanted a reimbursement for my membership. All I had to do was to bring my membership contract and they'll process. I'm wondering, is there a free ride at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cours Montreux Private International Pte Limited is now known as Starz Privileges Pte Limited according to ACRA biz file

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a call from them as well, saying that they'd rent out my membership and pay me back $73k for the $10k I'd paid them years ago. I asked them how long I'd need at the presentation, they said an hour. Then couldn't fix on a time so he said 30min would be enough. Asked them to email me the details and they said cannot, must present face to face. So asked them to explain further and the guy on the phone kept getting more and more confused about what they were offering, until I got damn pissed off and told them I'd rather forget abt the money than go there and get fleeced again. Btw, their office is now in beach road area.. Was super angry with them. If I hadn't been out in a shopping mall and with my little girl, I'd have been shouting at them on the phone. Who do they think they are?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same case with your.....i think im the last victim in their action.

      Delete
  4. They can't send you email about the details because otherwise you will have written proofs that they are fraud.

    If you realise, most of their promises are verbal and not written, it is done in this way so that you have no written proofs as evidences that they are scams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. According to some Crown Holiday Exchange members, Jerry Tan filed to ACRA to have CHE struck off. He cheated to ACRA that CHE has not signed up any members and therefore he is entitled to applied for a struck off.

    Please report to police this case. It is clear case of evidence of fraud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jerry Tan Kim Huat is venturing into scamming using gold theme lately.

    His new company is Singapore Precious Metals Pte Ltd.

    I urge the editor to try write an article on this new company to warn people away as googling has this site always come up to the top. is important

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi all,

    Thank you for your contributions. So long as more people keep posting new updates here on their new company names and addresses, Google should pick it up.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  8. I received a call from e.Travel (afflicted with Emperor Travel i believe cos their certs say so) claiming that I have done a survey with them on credit cards before and had won a phone. All I needed to do was to sit for a 60min talk.

    While I was there, I scrutinised the certs on the wall n googled on d company right infront of them, they then gave me d phone saying that my consultant is not free so I can go. Funny how prior to the meeting, d comsultant had called me like 4x to ask my location, eager for me to show up. Also, when they learned tt I was bringing a frd, they asked if it's a guy (sounded worried tt it wld be) n if it's a girl, is she single, working n below 30. Now, is this weird or what, right?! -___-

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. REMINDER!

    Discovery VIII is now changed to Starz Privileges Pte Ltd. !!!
    Address in my letter from them: 10 Anson Road #26-04 International Plaza Singapore 079903. Co.Reg. No.201020882Z, email: info@travelz.com.sg

    I am having final reminder from this Cours Montreux International Pte Ltd and company now under Starz Privileges Pte Ltd. Previously I wanted to find them to return my deposit when I found this it is a cheating group, but I couldnt make it as they keep changing addresses. I paid SGD500 deposit and it was told it can be refunded if decided not to. They force me to sign the documents and tried to ask me to apply credit card to swipe SGD1200. Now an e-travel membership that was told became a debt?? I need help to get out of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi all Need help in debt recovery? feel free to visit our website at www.jmsrogers.com.sg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JMS Rogers, thanks for posting. Your company has been implicated in helping Jerry Tan Group of Companies scam the public. Be careful, we will be raising your company name to the relevant enforcement authorities.

      Delete
  13. Recently Starz Privileges contacted me through Ta Q Bin to send a letter demanding their next 50 % payment. Didn't even know they have changed name. Anyway, I went to CASE way back in 2012 October to terminate the contract. When I handed the letter personally, they kept mum about it. Luckily I got the guy to sign his name on my copy. So I emailed them, cc to CASE, my current MP, and town council. Don't know if they will contact me soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Muhammad, my case is same as you. What they had promote is different what I had experience therefore ask for cancellation. Then they had suddenly disappeared and now want to claim the outstanding of $6000 from me which I did not use their service for 2 year.

      I had report to CASE. Hope I do not need to pay anymore.

      Delete
    2. Could you share what's your status on this pls? I'm in the same position left with 2 more mths before I'm done paying 50% of the payment. The current guy who is handling my acct is Dennis Tan. I even emailed bookings@travelz.com.sg to enquire.. Dennis himself replied this :
      We have received your request for bookings but unfortunately, our reservations department will be remain close until the last week of June as we are migrating our booking software system from Abacus to Amadeus system and our staffs are also on training to operate the new system to serve you better.

      We will revert back to you on your request once our system are up and running. Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for any inconveniences caused during this period.

      - does this even makes sense??

      Delete
  14. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=791150614263441&id=416856241692882&comment_id=792057947506041&ref=m_notif&notif_t=like&actorid=100004945950988

    ReplyDelete
  15. JM Moses SPARTANS INC PTE LTD aka JM SPARTANS
    SINGAPORE DEBT COLLECTION FRAUD and CHEATERS
    DO TAKE CAUTIOUS
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=791150614263441&id=416856241692882&comment_id=792057947506041&ref=m_notif&notif_t=like&actorid=100004945950988

    ReplyDelete